Jan. 28 – Monday Madness: Top NBA Value Picks
- Updated: January 28, 2013
Monday Madness is back here at dailyfantasysports.org to bring you the best of the best in terms of NBA value picks over on Fanduel this evening. With only seven games on the docket for tonight you’ll need to make sure your value picks are on par with limited roster variance. Please make sure to leave us your comments and or suggestions for the site in the comment section below or on twitter @cORyANGE44 or @dlyfantasysport. With tip off just around the corner let’s jump right into some of tonight’s top selections.
Note all prices reflect Fanduel pricing system. All players priced at or below $6000 were considered.
• George Hill – Indiana Pacers – $5800: Hill is coming off a near triple-double performance against Utah on Saturday posting 42 FD points in a Pacers overtime loss. He squares off against the Nuggets tonight for the second time this season after playing well in meeting number one. In that game Hill finished with a double-double and 34 FD points in 38 minutes. The Pacers are on the road tonight which is typically a red flag for potential value picks, however Hills numbers have remained pretty consistent throughout the season regardless of the venue.
HONORABLE METION: Jeremy Lin – Houston Rockets: $5700
• Klay Thompson – Golden State Warriors – $5900: Going back and forth between Thompson and Redick seemingly all day I settled on Thompson solely based on his match up with Toronto and his consistency. Thompson has scored 20+ FD points in each of his last six games eclipsing the 30+ mark only once. I love his match up with Toronto tonight as he should see another full dose of minutes and shot attempts.
HONORABLE MENTION: J.J. Redick – Orlando Magic: $5600
• Chandler Parsons – Houston Rockets – $5800: Parsons continues to produce solid numbers this season based on his price and gets a match up tonight with Utah who he has played well against this season in two prior meetings. He is averaging just over 27 FD points per game against the Jazz this season and is coming off a double-double on Saturday finishing with 36 FD points. I give him my full recommendation tonight on the road against the Jazz.
HONORABLE MENTION: None.
• Ed Davis – Toronto Raptors – $6000: Davis remains the model of consistency as a value pick since being inserted into the Raptors starting lineup. For about the last three weeks Davis has been as consistent as they come finishing with around 15-19 points and 7-10 rebounds a game. I like his match up tonight with Golden State who has always been prone to give up the big fantasy game to opposing big men from time to time.
HONORABLE MENTION: Carl Landry – Golden State Warriors: $5000
• Emeka Okafor – Washington Wizards – $5800: Okafor is beginning to thrive in Washington playing alongside Nene. In his last six games the former Connecticut Huskie has posted FD point totals of 35, 23, 29, 29, 23, and 24. Sure you can say those aren’t anything special but he continues to provide that double-double threat seemingly every night and a match up this evening with Sacramento should be nothing to worry about.
As always I would like to thank you for taking the time to check out dailyfantasysports.org, and wish you the best of luck tonight. Please make sure to leave us your comments, questions, and or suggestions pertaining to today’s article on Facebook, Twitter, or in the comment section below.
I can be followed on Twitter at @cORyANGE44.